The Komodo developer team has completed a thorough analysis of data from the 2020 AtomicDEX Stress Test. We have proven our DEX technology is scalable, and ready for widespread adoption. As a result, we are officially launching the Komodo DeFi Engine!
Komodo DeFi Engine + AtomicDEX
Komodo DeFi Engine is the underlying technology that powers secure, peer-to-peer atomic swaps. It is a complete suite of open-source blockchain development tools, which includes an atomic swap engine (backend/core), DEX feature set, and APIs. Komodo DeFi Engine provides developers with access to the blockchain industry’s widest cross-chain and cross-protocol support.
AtomicDEX is the first GUI application built on top of Komodo DeFi Engine. It is a secure cryptocurrency wallet with an integrated atomic swap DEX rolled into one application. Store your digital assets and make cross-chain swaps without a middleman and with minimal fees.Take Me To AtomicDEX Download
AtomicDEX Stress Test Key Takeaways
- The entire DEX core infrastructure operated on a Virtual Private Server (VPS) infrastructure in a virtual environment with limited resource availability. The network consisted of just 3 main seed nodes with 10 backup seeds and 7 market maker nodes for the Rick/Morty stress test order books.
- Measuring only 2 independent blockchains passing through the Komodo DeFi Engine - the atomic swap protocol underpinning AtomicDEX - we reach 10,000 swaps/minute on our internal monitors.
- The CPU resource consumption throughout the entire event was less than 5% on average.
- Further validated that the Komodo DeFi Engine is ready to be used by projects to create their own atomic swap powered decentralized exchanges.
- Validated AtomicDEX is capable of being integrated into IoT devices.
Graphing The Results
The following five graphs show why the 2020 AtomicDEX Stress Test was a resounding success.
CPU consumption of Electrum nodes
Number of participants: 2019 stress test vs. 2020 stress test
Total number of swaps: 2019 stress test vs. 2020 stress test
How swaps were completed during 2020 stress test
Comparing swaps across GUI platforms for 2020 stress test
Unabridged Raw Data
Swap % increase - 2019 vs. 2020
Percentage increase in swaps per minute capable by AtomicDEX in this stress test vs. last stress test.
Aggregate over timeframe
During Stress Test Time Frame
1st Stress Test total amount of swaps: 5,183
2nd Stress Test total amount of swaps: 172,623
During Stress Test (Swap Hours)
1st Stress test total amount of swaps 1,640
2nd Stress test total amount of swaps 169,248
Number of Participants - 2019 vs. 2020
1st Stress test total estimated unique participants: 119
2nd Stress test total unique participants maker + taker: 1095
2020 Stress Test Rick and Morty Swaps
Total RICK→MORTY swaps: 80,111
Mobile swaps: 14,019
iOS swaps: 2516
Android swaps: 11,503
Desktop swaps: 9,563
Windows swaps: 5314
Linux swaps: 3572
OSX swaps: 677
CLI swaps: 56,529
Total MORTY→RICK swaps: 76,634
Mobile swaps: 13,366
iOS swaps: 2,114
Android swaps: 11,252
Desktop swaps: 8,997
Windows swaps: 4,713
Linux swaps: 4,217
OSX swaps: 67
CLI swaps: 54,271