Update: In March 2023, the Komodo community voted to reduce the KMD active user reward (AUR) from 5.1% to 0.01%. The reduction coincides with the the scheduled Komodo network upgrade (dPoW Season 7 start in mid-2023).
Step 1: Download AtomicDEX
Navigate to atomicdex.io and choose the appropriate download for your device.
For mobile, choose either Google Play (Android) or App Store (iOS). Then, go to ‘Step 2: Create A Wallet’ section below.
For desktop, click on the ‘Get It On GitHub’ option then move through the following steps.
After clicking ‘Get it on GitHub’, you’ll be on Komodo’s GitHub Repo. Here you can find the latest release at the top of the page. In this case, the AtomicDEX v0.3.1 Initial Beta is the latest one.
Click on ‘AtomicDEX Desktop v0.3.1 beta’ to navigate to the software packages.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the download links Under “Fixes”. Select the installer download link that is appropriate and let the installer guide you though after download
Step 2: Create A Wallet & KMD Address
Click ‘New Wallet.’
- Type any name for your wallet.
In this example, the chosen wallet name is ‘MyAtomicDEX.’
- Copy your seed phrase down and save it to a secure place.
- Paste your entire seed phrase in the field titled ‘Confirm Seed.’
Caution: Don’t share your AtomicDEX seed phrase or password with strangers!
- Choose a password that meets the requirements. Confirm your password, and click ‘Continue.’
- Next, you’re asked to enter four random words from your seed phrase. This is a step to ensure that you have copied down your seed phrase.
- You must accept the EULA and Terms and Conditions before proceeding. Afterward, click ‘Confirm.’ Your wallet setup is now complete. You may log in to your new wallet using your password.
Step 3: Get Your AtomicDEX KMD Address
Log in to your wallet. When it opens you’ll be on the Dashboard tab. To find your stored addresses, select the Wallet tab from the side menu.
Find your wallet address by clicking ‘Receive.’
In this example, we’re finding the AtomicDEX KMD address. Copy/paste the address or scan the QR code to send your KMD to your AtomicDEX.
If you send 10 KMD or more to your AtomicDEX and hold it, you'll be able to claim the 5% Active User Reward.
On the Wallet tab, you just have to click "Claim Rewards."
In the pop-up, click "Confirm" and the reward will be sent to your AtomicDEX shortly after.