On Friday, April 13th, we made an announcement that urgent updates of the Komodo Daemon and the Agama wallet were required for all nodes, exchanges, and community members. These updates are important to ensure your funds are displayed correctly.
Update your Agama Wallet because…
- Those who do not update by the time the Komodo chain hits block 814,000, which will be on or around May 1st, will end up on a hard fork, rather than the notarized Komodo main chain.
- What this means is that if you don’t update before block 814,000, when you log into the Agama wallet you’ll be looking at an obsolete fork of Komodo.
- If you want your Agama wallet to display the correct chain and make sure you’re balance is accurate then you’ll need to update.
- Failure to download the most current version of Agama wallet before block 814,000 will result in an obsolete Komodo chain being displayed (and therefore funds becoming temporarily inaccessible) until the new version is installed.
- Please ensure that your funds are displayed correctly by downloading the latest version of Agama now!
… the update contains major improvements!
The latest versions of the Komodo Daemon and the Agama Wallet offer you several major improvements over previous versions including better security for all asset chains in the Komodo ecosystem, better security for your Agama wallet and faster blockchain synchronization. They’ll also solve the issue of stuck nodes (i.e. will sync to longest chain upon restart).
Instructions – four steps to success
- Backup your wallet.dat and/or privatekeys. Instructions for Windows or Mac. This is the most important step!
- Download the latest wallet from https://komodoplatform.com/komodo-wallets/
- Follow install instructions and select “Reinstall Current Version”
- Once finished you can launch up the wallet and you are finished.
Thanks for reading and for being a part of the Komodo Platform community! If you ever have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our support staff directly on Slack.